FTAI’s Transport Manager Conference To Be Held At Johnstown House Hotel
The date is set for the Freight Transport Association of Ireland’s (FTAI) 2018 Transport Manager Conference.
The event will take place on March 28th at the Johnstown House Hotel, Enfield in County Meath.
FTAI’s Transport Manager Conference is designed to update transport managers and owners of key legislative issues and updates impacting the industry for the year ahead as well as providing a great networking opportunity to meet colleagues from the transport and logistics sector.
This year’s event will feature key presentations on apprenticeships and the importance of the industry getting involved in developing career paths for future employees with sessions and speakers including:
- Keynote address from the Revenue and Customs on Brexit
- A session from FTA’s Head of European Policy, Pauline Bastidon, on Brexit from a EU perspective
- Updates from The Road Safety Authority on key safety campaigns they are engaging in for 2018, as well as an update on the CVORI and commercial fleet compliance in Ireland
- A session on Road Safety with Moyagh Murdoch, CEO of Road Safety Authority
- Guide to employment engagement with Patrick Hewson, Statutory Assessor, Personal Injuries Assessment Board
“Identifying and retaining talent is crucial to the ongoing success of Ireland’s logistics industry – and by default, of the nation’s business as a whole,” says Aidan Flynn, General Manager of FTA Ireland.
“At such an uncertain time, it is critical that logistics businesses are prepared to recruit and retain the very best talent, to keep Irish trade moving freely, and the 2018 Transport Manager Conference will provide operators with the very latest news on the opportunities which exist within apprenticeships and training to keep the sector front of mind with potential recruits,” continued Mr Flynn.
The price of a ticket for FTAI members is €250 + VAT while it will cost non FTAI members €300 + VAT.
To book a ticket you can call 01 8447516 or fill out this online booking form.