Final Call for Dublin Port Scholarship Applications
The final call for Dublin Port Scholarship Applications has been made with the closing date being the 27th of August. Dublin Port Company recognises its role in the local communities with which it has strong connections over past generations and the CSR programme comprises three elements of support for these local communities education, community events and sports.
CSR has a central and important place at the heart of Dublin Port Company’s plan where CSR is defined as the commitment of the Port to contribute to sustainable economic development working with employees, the local community and society at large to improve the quality of life, in ways that are both good for the business of the Port and good for Dublin City, its citizens and visitors.
In particular, the conpany recognises their role in the local communities with which they have strong connections over past generations and our CSR programme comprises three elements of support for these local communities:
- Education as a means to improve the economic well-being of local people through to the generation of employment opportunities in the local economy.
- Community events.
- Sports in local communities and in Dublin Bay.
Dublin Port Company have established an Advisory Group and the Board approved terms of reference for the group. As part of this approval, they also set a target for our cash contribution to CSR activities of 1.0% of pre-tax profits.
Through the CSR strategy, Dublin Port Company continues to build on the strong and historic relationship’s it has with the city and its local communities.
DUBLIN PORT COMPANY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
Dublin Port Company established a scholarship applications programme to provide opportunities for individuals living in the Port area of Dublin, to fulfill their potential through education.
Dublin Port Scholarship Applications
Candidates for Scholarships:
- Individuals living in the Port area of Dublin for a minimum of 5 years.
- Individuals who would experience significant financial difficulty in undertaking a third-level course of study.
- Candidates for the scholarship will include school leavers, mature students and individuals wishing to pursue third-level courses .
- The scholarship programme does not include: PLC, Diploma or Postgraduate courses.
- Individuals with a strong and focused ability and potential.
- Individuals who would otherwise experience significant obstacles to progression.
- Individuals with a strong motivation and commitment to pursue education.
Applications will be assessed by an independent panel. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the selection panel and the independent panel’s decision is final.
Source: Dublin Port Company